Thursday, January 1, 2009

oUF_DruidHots – Timer Indicators for Resto Druids

I know I said I was working on ChannelLock right now, and that is true, but earlier this week I decided to respec resto since Benevolent Thuggery is feeling a bit light on the healer front.

I quickly realized that as a healer I missed the indicators I used to use in Grid when I healed a year ago. Since I now use a custom oUF layout instead of Grid or Pitbull, I decided to hack something together. What started out as a quick little lifebloom timer quickly blossomed into a full blown Druid HOT timer.

Here’s a diagram showing how it looks and what they each mean:

oUF_DruidHots Diagram

It attaches the indicators to the top left of the Health bar.

So far I love it. I’ve already gotten used to seeing the colors and instinctively knowing what heal I want to put on the target. There are a few things I still want to do however:

  • Some kind of indication when the Hot is about to expire. I’m going to play with blinking, fades, borders, etc. to see what works best.
  • Better configuration for layout authors. Right now everything (indicator size, color, offset, spacing, ordering) are all hard-coded. I’ll put the config in a table an oUF layout author can embed in his layout code.

It is up on the CurseForge project site if you wanna give it a try in your layout. As with all oUF extensions, it requires that you have oUF (the base frame framework) and an oUF layout (the definition of how you want your player/party/raid frames to look) installed.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a timer of some kind, like Grid has. Maybe change the colors at 5 sec, and change at 2 sec or something similar. I would also love to see a countdown on the Lifebloom as well. :) Keep up the great work. I am going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete